FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Luxury Tour of India: Thoughts on these hotels?
Old Feb 20, 2018, 5:55 am
MichelinMan
Suspended

Programs: Travel Agent (member of all consortia programs - Ritz, Mandarin, Hyatt Prive, Four Seasons, etc.)
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
It's interesting that no one seems to think Delhi is worth spending much time at. Is there really nothing much there?

The Sujan Ranthambore resort doesn't mention air-conditioning but their website is a useless mess in any case so maybe it was just omitted? It's almost impossible to find prices on that site as well.

Ultimately, I expect to do bookings through an agent but in the itinerary figuring-out stage it is useful to get decent online data. It is interesting that Amanbagh essentially offers all Virtuoso/FHR benefits as a "special rate" on their website directly.
Adore Delhi, no idea why people gloss over it.

Yeah, itīs a poluted madhouse/complete mess, but then again, so is Mumbai, Bangkok, Saigon, etc etc (many other Asian destinations people donīt forget to glance over).

A TON to see in Delhi, and really adore the old town.

(ps, I am a tad biased, as I love India - and itīs faults - wholeheartedly. I actually lived there for a year a half decade ago - Bangalore and Mumbai)