FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New RA qualifying criteria based on IC Revenue
Old Feb 20, 2018, 3:14 am
rapidex

Originally Posted by Tim O'Brien
i can't even access my account to see if the date's been updated..

On Feb 8th just before midnight i tried to check my account online, and it stated: "We have temporarily disabled your account due to a possible conflict with the IHG® Rewards Club Terms and Conditions. To resolve this issue, please contact us for assistance."s

to me, the implication being, I had done something in conflict.

i had a back surgery schedualed the next morning, in about eight hours time, at 8am.

I called, asked for a supervisor, and Nicole told me it was a random audit.

upon return from hospital, still distressed about it, i phoned again, asked for a supervisor i know, spoke with Pinky, and she told me what was told to me was incorrect information, not random audit, but fraud, where 4.675M points had been swiped from my account, and spent at Apple or similar online store fraudulently. ie stolen from my account.

Now 10 days later, no communication, no appology, still no access to my account.

it caused me enormous stress, late the night before hospitalisation. Loss of 935 PointBreaks nights, plenty to stress over.....

they limit us to 4 digit pins, just crazy, and totally incompetent IT managment.

loyal customers shouldn't have to put up with that anywhere.

the solution for the customer, should be to put the points back in the account, make it accessible for the customer, and continue with their fraud investigation on the account. they would have to know by now that it was another party that perpetrated the fraud.

incredibly disappointed now, over 10 days later, still remains unresolved.

considering two options, legal action, or reaching out to contacts at the corporate level in the UK.

they really do a good job of pissing off customers.
I am at a complete loss for words. This is a terrible way for IHG to treat one of their best customers. I am sure IHG will resolve this in due course, the consequenses of them not doing so are to dire to think about. Still that is no comfort when you are locked out of your account and unable to use your points.

I would most certainly reach out to your contacts, help from senior level may bring the whole security situation to the forefront of board level thinking.