FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Speculation] Possibility of Lie-Flat Seats on Transcon Routes?
Old Feb 19, 2018, 5:59 pm
eponymous_coward
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
[Speculation] Possibility of Lie-Flat Seats on Transcon Routes?

https://viewfromthewing.boardingarea...untry-flights/

A reader that I regularly correspond with shared notes from his 45 minute conversation with a senior Alaska Airlines executive (senior enough to be appointed by the board). This reader is a San Francisco-based regular Virgin America customer unhappy with the product changes.

Alaska has several Airbus narrowbody planes on order (‘neos’). And this executive says that Alaska intends to take possession of several of them “and use them to compete with Mint, DeltaOne, etc. on transcontinental flights between [Los Angeles and San Francisco] to East Coast destinations like New York and elsewhere.”

The seats aren’t yet selected, but this executive “assured it’s not a question of ‘if’ but rather of ‘when.'”
YMMV on these rumors (which is why I titled this "Speculation"), but interesting that AS is already backtracking a bit on their plans. I guess nuking VX's service offerings from orbit in totality might not be the way to go...