FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Can't earn SWA points
View Single Post
Old Feb 19, 2018, 10:53 am
Jeff050

Can't earn SWA points

Is anyone else having trouble earning SWA points with Choice? Since their is no ongoing promotion currently I changed my profile loyalty program to earn SWA points instead of Choice points which for me is a better deal if a promotion is not in effect. Anyway, the last 4 stays even though I booked them so I should have earned SWA points (and I verified the confirmation email said it would earn airline points) they keep crediting me instead a modest amount of Choice points instead. I called their CS about it and they agreed I should have earned SWA points and they opened a "case" to try to correct it. In the meantime I don't know how long this is going to take to fix so I started a new CP account to try to temporarily work around this problem but when I tried to enter my SW RR number when I save it their website changes my inputted SW RR number by adding 5 leading zeros and a "2" at the end of my number. So that's not going to work. I've tried editing it by adding a sixth leading zero and removing the "2" at the end but then I get an "invalid entry" error. Sigh, this is frustrating. Is it possible to earn SW RR points with Choice anymore? This combined with the fact their credit card systematically shorts people on the earned points they advertise makes me start to wonder if anything actually works as advertised with this company.