FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Unbelievable: fairmont refuse to honor platinum for 2018. Downgrade
Old Feb 18, 2018, 10:59 am
globaltravelers

Location: Near the pole, at the beach, top of mountains, underwater, golfing
Programs: AC E, FPC plat, TK E, VA G, HIlton diam, spg plat, CX gold, US air Plat, Hyatt Dia, A club Plat
Originally Posted by MikeBOS
For what it's worth there is almost no difference between Platinum and Gold at Accor so it's probably not worth getting too worked up about this. The upgrade benefits are the same, early check in/late check out the same, welcome amenity the same. The only differences are no lounge access for Gold (there are almost no properties with lounges anyway; I have only ever encountered one at Sofitel Heathrow), and your guaranteed room availability is up to 3 days ahead rather than 2. For me the benefits I care about are the upgrades (not much value but occasionally you get one), late check out, and the welcome drink. All of that is the same.
i agree with accor assesment. But i want to keep my fairmont status for 2018, (even for 6 months) as i "worked" and "paid" the nights required. I do not care for accor status.