View Single Post
Old Feb 18, 18, 7:15 am
wkndtraveler

Programs: ALL Diamond
Thanks, Purjelentaja. This is a useful thread for frequent flyers, too.

Here is my experience from a recent flight to Hong Kong. This was an afternoon departure. Food was okay but the all-Asian crew on this flight provided excellent service, one of the best I’ve ever had on Finnair.

The dinner started with amuse-bouche. It was smoked vendace and sour cream. It was delicious.

Appetizer: Cold smoked salmon, Baltic herring, mustard herring, vendace roe and cream, roasted carrots, marinated onions, green salad with lemon olive oil, and Karelian pies. Very good.

First main course: broiled Baltic herring, mashed potatoes with lemon and dill butter. I like Baltic herring but not this one. I like it crispy. This was just soggy.

Second main course, the preordered one: overcooked reindeer was overcooked indeed. Didn't like it at all. After all the food I had consumed I was so full that I decided to skip cheese and dessert and enjoyed a glass of Calvados only.

Before landing, I opted for light breakfast and I'm glad I did. It included yoghurt, granola, fresh fruits and blueberries, croissant with blueberry jam and bread roll. In addition to instant coffee, also espresso and cappuccino were available. American breakfast with omelette and sausage was another option, Chinese noodles third one.

Last edited by wkndtraveler; Feb 18, 18 at 8:43 am