FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Unbelievable: fairmont refuse to honor platinum for 2018. Downgrade
Old Feb 18, 2018, 1:06 am
mapleg

Programs: IHG Gold
Cool

Originally Posted by globaltravelers
amazingly i have not received the amex email even after the search. We are both amex plat and both fairmont plat so at least one of us would have received the "Email".

but regardless if the email was sent or not, even of it was, essentially amex tell cardholder that you have 2 weeks to make sure that plat5 code is on your account, or you will be downgraded and fairmont will refuse to honor it even you had the required stay for the past 2017.

I understand that fairmont will not apply it for any future application after jan 2018, but we had been on the fairmont plat5 code for past years. And as current and past amex plat cardholder for years, we are entitled to the amex plat benefits when we are in good standing and followed amex or fairmont rules for past 2017.

Otherwise why would we have gone out of ways in 2017 to make sure we have min nights at faitmont? Why would we have kept the amex plat card? Why would we have paid the amex plat card fees of $700 at the end of 2017, then a few weeks later amex / fairmont cancelled the benefits and now tell us to get lost?
phone Amex and cancel card. They refund the annual fee on prorated basis, but I would confirm that at the time you call.

Last edited by mapleg; Feb 18, 2018 at 6:11 am