FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Would Durban be viable? [starts 29th Oct 2018, 3 x weekly, 787-8]
Old Feb 17, 2018, 2:04 pm
OpenSky

Programs: BA GGL/ VS Gold. Former: UA 1K (10 years+) , EY partners Plat, SQ PPS Club, SU Gold, LH SEN/HON
Originally Posted by ROUTE
With SAA soon to reduce down to one JNB rotation from LHR pulling 222 Daily seats (81,030 pa) from the available non stop capacity, I suspect any future DUR service would be non stop with 787 rather than a tag on to JNB as before.
Perhaps BA have leased SAA’s vacant slot. This would free up seats to JNB to mop up some of the lost capacity.

Is SAA really that bad? I've done the shorthaul business 2-3 config on the A319, which I think is kind of funny for a business class ( albeit shortfall(haul) product). I'm usually sitting in the aisle, and its always interesting to see the looks on people who clearly paid for a business seat to see that they got the middle seat. Never done the longhaul

Seems that BA is eating SAA's lunch with the double daily A380s to Joburg, and both flights leave roughly within 2-3 hours of each other