FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Help to check BA seat availability and BA flight loads
Old Feb 17, 2018, 7:06 am
flyuk

Programs: Junior Jet Club, Nando's Card 1 Red Chilli, Tesco Clubcard, BAEC Gold, TK M&S Elite
Originally Posted by bisonrav
Something of a "test my knowledge" question here. For a flight from PVG in March on which I'm booked WT+, I'm seeing:

F3 A0 J0 C0 D0 R0 I0 W0 E0 T0 Y9 B9 H9 K9 M9 L9 V9 S9 N2 Q0 O0 G0

I'm reading that as WT+ and business class is rammed
, so there ought to be a reasonable chance of an op-up? But also that as F is full there could also be some downgrades on the cards?
It's also worth remembering that there are staff J and Y standby likely to be in the mix. They do not appear on Expert Flyer and don't get confirmed unless there is plenty of space in the cabin they are standby for. Well, strictly speaking the Ys don't get allocated until the staff member goes to the check in desk even if the cabin is wide open. If there are J Standby, and a place opens up in J, they will be given it over a WT+ op-up, unless the staff member is moved up a class to F and everyone is cascaded up.

I can't check staff loadings unless I have an open booked staff ticket (which I do not right now) as I do not have access to the BA system directly. Maybe someone from BA on here has, but I'm not sure if they can openly discuss staff loadings. I know I'm not supposed to.