FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Child goes crazy on flight
View Single Post
Old Feb 17, 2018, 1:15 am
Nils21

Originally Posted by WorldLux
You think that the parents would be 'relaxed' sitting next to their kid screaming? Your logic is based on the assumption that you can do something and the child will adequately react. Considering that nobody on the airplane managed to calm the child down, I'd say it was pretty much impossible to calm it down.

I think that it is unfair to pass judgement on someone dealing a situation, most of us had never to solve. Sure kids can be difficult and parents should calm them down, but I don't think this was merely a kid being "difficult". It will not react to "sit down and be quiet", shaming, etc. It will not understand if you tie it down. If anything, it will scream more.

1) Pretty weak as a reply
2) The last part of your reply pretty much sums up what I've been saying, i.e. that nobody wants to give a sh** about mental health and anyone with such a disability is to stay home, be quiet and not annoy anyone else.
​​​​There's is a trend that the society can't cope with disabled persons and for sure Germany is a better place to raise a disabled child than USA (where you get arrested for everything and police officers taser small childs). However every single one of us here should consider that those disabled persons have the right to have a peaceful and enjoyable life.

Edit to make my post a little more on topic:
Originally Posted by cruisr
Sorry, hate to quote Spock (Mr not Dr) but I will. “The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few (or the one)”. There is no way that literally 100’s of people should have been subjected to this.

However as for the parents it goes that they do not have the right to torture their kids for their own pleasure and to torture the hundreds of other passengers. Holidays are also possible in Germany and other locations nearby with a wide variety of activities to do.
It's absolutely no excuse to state that they have to deal with that kind of behaviour 24/7, so what you got a child with special needs so care for it. Also if it was impossible for the parents to raise the child and handle this kind of life they could also set it free for adaption. It's not illegal to do that and in case the child would be risen by loving parents who are probably specially trained or willing to do so for the kid's good it could even have a better life.

Very controversial here and sad to see that some parents just don't care for their child's good.

I'm not referring to the video posted what I said above should count in general.

Sources for my statement on USA police:

​​​​http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/san-diego-sheriff-defends-taser-13-year-old-boy-article-1.2259171

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2016/08/05/social-worker-calls-911-because-shes-afraid-of-a-police-officer-he-then-violently-arrests-her/

Last edited by Nils21; Feb 17, 2018 at 1:22 am