FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Steals and splurges: Share the best of your high and low-end travel beauty secrets
Old Feb 16, 2018, 1:53 pm
turnleftbrighteyes

Programs: BAEC Silver, &c.
Originally Posted by ysolde
A little discovery. I really like face oils. I use one in the morning (Sisley's Black Rose Precious Face Oil), and alternate between Sunday Riley's Luna Sleeping Night Oil and the Black Rose Oil at night. All well and good, but the Black Rose Oil does not travel well. The bottle is just not a good shape, and I don't like the idea of decanting it.[...].
This is a very belated reply, but I, too, am a huge fan of Sunday Riley face oils (I use Juno). For travel, I decant it into an eyedrop dropper (like the very small ones from Visine), and it works perfectly. Nothing leaks, the small size fits perfectly into my toiletries bag, and I no longer have to travel without. I saw this tip on another travel web site, and it made my skin very, very happy, so I feel I must spread the good face oil news.

And on the topic of Sunday Riley, I will also put in a plug for Good Genes,* which is absolutely worth every penny. I've lost track how many times I've repurchased at this point, but it is a product that really, truly makes a noticeable difference. The bottle lasts a fairly long time (I think I rebuy twice a year?), as I only use it a couple nights a week, and it is magnificent when mixed with the Ceramic Slip cleanser to make a quick "flash facial." That also puts it, and Ceramic Slip (both of which I decant into small Muji bottles) in must-travel list, as it's perfect for reviving tired skin after long flights.

* Occasionally someone will claim that the Lactic Acid serum from The Ordinary, which sells for $6 or so, is a dupe for Good Genes. Alas, it is not. Not anywhere close. A lot of The Ordinary stuff is really good, but I will continue to shell out the $105 or whatever for Good Genes.