FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - No more Al Mourjan access for upgrades with Qmiles/QCredits
Old Feb 16, 2018, 9:19 am
lifeonthego_k

Programs: QR Gold, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, GHA Titanium, Taj Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Originally Posted by magzan
Just last Sunday (Feb 11) my fellow with whom I flew together and who had upgraded to Business with QCredits was denied entry into the Al Mourjan Business Lounge. I have QR Platinum, he has QR Gold status. We both were not aware of the rule change (which already is questionable as we earned the miles under the old rules); consequently we could choose to either both leave or to be separated. I am now really p.... and will direct my business elsewhere, if even Platinum members cannot enter with a guest who is flying business (and paid for it with his miles) I am no longer interested. And btw I also did not consider the attitude of the Lounge personnel at the entrance professionell at all and felt humiliated- we also passed the scan at the escalator but then were called to the desk like we committed a crime and sneaked in. Bye bye Qatar Airways
The rule change is very disappointing. However, as per the change in policy it doesn't matter when the miles were earned. If the upgrade with Qcredits & subsequent issue of the ticket happened before Feb 4th, only then is it eligible for entry to AM, otherwise not. Unfortunately Qatar Airways doesn't care too much about it's platinum or gold members. Only it's business/first class passengers.