FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Dilemma: Premier Inn breakfast or Club World lunch - help me choose!
Old Feb 15, 2018, 3:01 pm
Sixth Freedom
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Dilemma: Premier Inn breakfast or Club World lunch - help me choose!

I am looking forward to my Club World trip to Washington next week, and as I arrive from Barcelona in Club Europe the night before I am staying at the Premier Inn Terminal 5.

I love Premier Inns and always get a good night's sleep - I have not yet needed to claim back on their guarantee! One of the highlights of the Premier Inn experience is the breakfast. They are always fantastic and if I take bacon, sausage, mushrooms and all the good stuff I have no need of either lunch or dinner.

On the other hand, if I forego the Premier Inn breakfast and eat a bacon roll in the Galleries Club and Club World lunch instead I will (a) save ten Pounds and (b) maybe experience the new Club World service with trolley. Taking the lunch will fill some time on the flight, but I remember it always being a bit of a hassle waiting for the next course to arrive and while the trolley sounds like a good idea in theory it might be painful in reality, especially at this stage in rollout. I like watching movies, reading books and listening to music on the flight so not eating is not a problem. I also remember Club World catering being quite good, just quite good, while the Premier Inn breakfast is always excellent. I have not stayed at the Heathrow one yet though, so it could have poor breakfasts and be the exception that proves the rule.

For what it's worth I will be on the 747 with 86 Club World seats. If there is a window on the upper deck I will take it, but I see no need to pay extra for that as I know from long experience that the lower deck windows are almost just as good. At this stage, I think there is maybe a 50% chance I will be upstairs, a 40% chance I will be in the main section with six rows and a 10% chance I will be in the 2.25 row section at the front.

What would you do? Many thanks in(n!) advance!