FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Car Rental Area At TPA
View Single Post
Old Feb 15, 2018, 11:18 am
justhere

Programs: AA Gold, WN A+ & CP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by flyer4512
You implied that "Mr Otis" solved the escalator issue. I then replied stating there are only 3 Elevators in the area so it would be tough for many to use them.

Maybe you also didn't pick up on my sarcasm about "good luck getting thousands of people on 3 elevators"

Seems to me a much better design would have been to make everything ( cars and check in counters) on one level the way the old rental car pickup was at TPA.

Maybe the escalator has bigger steps that let you rest your bags on them easily, guess I'll find out in a month or so.
I was implying that Mr Otis provided an option for those travelers who didn't want to use the escalator.

As another poster noted this is very similar to other airports such as PHX and the escalators/elevators aren't an issue there. Meaning I expect it'll be a non issue and people will use whichever they are comfortable using and thousands of people won't opt for the elevator. At least not all at the same time.