FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated Global Services Thread: Benefits, Questions [2018]
Old Feb 15, 2018, 8:18 am
jjmoore

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by PBAudit
I recently went from 1k to GS by reaching 4 million miles. As a 1k flying on discounted domestic fares (G, K), I was upgraded about 10-15% of the time. Now as a GS, sitll flying on discounted domesitc fares, the uprgrade % has reversed. My upgrade rate is running about 90%, even with frequent SDC. My only 2 misses this year have been on a SDC flight and a IAH/SFO flight on a 757 with 16 lie flat first class seats. Even on the lie flat flight, I was only aced out by a GS couple.

As a 1k flyer, I could not remember the last time I was upgraded on a 320, let alone a 319. However, as a GS, I've been upgraded on all my 319/320 flights (often at the 120 hour window). The difference is huge.
I have noticed the same... GS increased me from 20% CPU rate to 80% CPU rate immediately. I'm back to 1K temporarily, and I have missed my CPU's so far the last 2 weeks on GRR-ORD and ORD-DEN... It is a huge difference being a GS as they will typically clear you at 120hr if there are more than a few seats open in the F cabin. 1K may not clear even if half of the cabin is open at 96hr, and will not clear until after boarding many times with seats open in F as they try to sell them via ToD upgrades on the app.

Luckily most of my long flights this year will be in paid J, but (as someone stated to me several weeks ago), I have a lot of BG1 and E+ to look forward to on my domestic Y bookings until I satisfy the challenge or qualify again at the end of this year.

Congrats on the 4MM, by the way.