FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GUIDE: LAX / Los Angeles International Airport - MCT, Connection, etc.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 1:17 am
pat_pat_tong

Originally Posted by lds89
Agreed - 2 hours should be more than enough time IF doing OW Int'l Arrivals or AA Int'l Arrivals to AA domestic; especially now at LAX they have eliminated an official customs check on the way out. You most likely will clear Imm/customs at TBIT - sometimes even T4 arrivals do. The connections process is a breeze (you go through the "secret" TSA checkpoint in the basement of Bradley that in the 6-7 times I've come off the HKG flight has taken all of 5 minutes), and you're right back in the T4/TBIT Connector. I would allow extra time of an hour if you're switching carriers to a non-AA carrier (for a total of 3). The TBIT immigration facility is VERY efficient for citizens/green card holders and I find luggage to come out fairly quickly in LAX.

The single traveler with global entry and no bag can breeze from the HKG 77W to having a glass of bubbly QF F lounge in TBIT in about 15-20 minutes (I've done it before). I think 2hours is pushing it in Miami, or Philadelphia. Not in LA. And in LA, if anything is going wrong, the poster above is correct that they "fast track" you
Yes. The flight we are interested in is AA Int's Arrivals to AA domestic, and the flight from HKG to LAX (e.g. AA 192) seems to be on time everyday except once in the last 2 weeks. We will have 5 people altogether, and this is the first time I hear about "fast track". How reliable are they? Also, how long is the walk between TBIT and T5 compared to the walk between TBIT and T4? I checked the past history that LAX to AUS may depart from gate 50B instead of T4 occasionally.