FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Avis was very Naughty at LHR
View Single Post
Old Feb 14, 2018, 2:26 pm
ahmetdouas

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Avis was very Naughty at LHR

Picked up a rental at LHR today. I had booked online with the pay upon arrival option for the price of 107.80 GBP. I came to pick up the car 1.5 hours early, they said no issue as long as you bring the car back without exceeding that you do not exceed the 4 days. I picked up the same car i had booked and took no extras (insurance, fuel, etc.).

I asked them for the rental contract before leaving, they told me 'oh don't worry sir we will email it to you'. I drive off, come home, check my emails and see that my card was preauthorized for 500 GBP and that the estimated cost for my rental will be 227 GBP! I call avis immediately and ask them, and they said hmmm that is weird, we can see on the booking that you booked the car for 107.80 GBP! They said they would call me back. They called me back and said the balance is zero, and not to worry as you are not formally charged until you return the car.

I am not happy and i do not trust them. Will I be safe?

It is so naughty of them, the email says rental agreement 'e signed', but in reality I did not sign anything!