FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Imperial Palace...Neither??
View Single Post
Old Jun 22, 2004, 10:37 am
NJRob

Programs: UA Gold MM, HH Diam, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Discvrist, Pri Clb, WN, AA, DL, F9, Global Entry/TSA Pre
Imperial Palace...Neither??

Recent Opinions wanted Please...

Here is my scenario: Mom staying at Harrah's, with sis...I just got "invited" to "help" my sister getting our Mom around Vegas . Anyway, I have been to LAS enough times to last my lifetime...many other places I would love to visit/revisit, so do not need to stay at the Venetian or Bellagio. However, will take Mom to visit .

I found a deal at the IP....6th Aug to 10th Aug, in one of their newly renovated "Deluxe" rooms, ie, not the cheapo rooms (see Emerald Tower of MGM Grand-Yikes!), but one category up. Will mostly be out of hotel anyway, but still like: 1. clean rooms & sheets, 2. not having to fear leaving basic belongings in the hotel room, and 3. a fun bar to hang in. Will I find any of these at the IP?? Should I continue my search....I have found the problem to be the 1st 2 nights, Fri & Sat to make the hotel portion most expensive. Already looked at: Caesar's, Harrah's (of course), Flamingo and Bally's - none come close to my $350 total at the IP. The above are all about $200 more.

I already know to be underwhelmed by the pool and buffet at the IP, but you can't expect miracles for $350. So any recent reviews/opinions/suggestions?

Thanks in advance...NJRob