FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Through bag check in
View Single Post
Old Feb 14, 2018, 7:36 am
CPH-Flyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by lehovec
Got flights on separate tickets all in J:
BKK-HND JL / 7 hrs stopover
HND-DOH-HEL QR / 3 hrs stopover
HEL-LHR BA
Is this too complex (too many sectors) to check bags through all the way to London or will they be happy doing it at JL CI at BKK?
If too many would it better to try checking them in to HEL and recheck them for BA flight (I would imagine QR CI in HND only opens 3 hours before so would be 4 hours wait landside)?

Thank you.
I would expect JL to be able to check your luggage through to HEL. There you will most likely need to collect it and recheck.

Qatar Airways did open 3 hours before departure last week. But I could not get a boarding pass from the online check in, not sure if that was just me or a general state of affairs. If you can't get an online boarding pass and print you may be 3 hours landside anyway. Does QR offer boarding passes via their app? I don't fly them enough to bother with the app. I normally don't bother with online check in either, so I have limited experience with Haneda, online boarding passes, and QR.