FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BBC: Norwegian and IAG/BA
View Single Post
Old Feb 14, 2018, 6:53 am
Smid

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by madfish
Fares on the 14-hour Norwegian Air Shuttle flight to Buenos Aires start from £259 one-way.

The seats are tightly packed and food and luggage cost extra, but the no-frills model of flying, so well established on short-haul routes, is becoming increasingly common on intercontinental flights.

Am I the only one who goes "Huh? So what?" on the Norwegian LH fares? Most of the time the lowests are as rare as a unicorn giggle, and that price isn't all that. Sure if you're going one way, then most on the normal carriers don't do a decent one way price.

However, a return without hold luggage is over £500. Are you flying halfway across the world with a couple of teeshirts and a spare pair of trousers? Maybe a student, but it seems unlikely. I think it looks like £40 for a checked bag, so we're up at near £600 return baseline economy without food or drinks included. Doesn't seem much of a bargain to me.

It's niche seems to be exaggerated value from the press, single fares and possibly short notice (but I doubt you'll pay the same three days before a flight than three months).