FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Promo ended early - earlier booking won't count
Old Feb 13, 2018, 11:42 pm
eethan

Programs: AA MM PP, MR LT Plat, Globalist
Customer dissatisfaction - why is Wyndham so "against" its customers?

Lars from the other thread noted the promo was still live when he booked on 1/25. That seems to contradict the supervisor claiming the promo ended 1/18. If Wyndham decides to renege on the original promo terms, it's almost a case of false advertising - most people booked their initial stays with the goal of earning the full payout after completing the 3rd stay before 2/28.

Did you also speak to Christina the supervisor? - I wonder if she is BSing about the promo ending early because: 1) the promo was still displaying on the website in late Jan, and 2) they should at least make an announcement even if they are reneging on the original terms.

I'm surprised how dishonest Wyndham is. Even though I still had issues to resolve, Christina asked me to hang up because "her ride was waiting to pick her up." That sounded like - I can't help you anymore today, but if you'll do me this favor, I'll help you out tomorrow. We agreed she would call me back at noon because I told her I was busy earlier. The next day, she calls me an hour earlier then we agreed and leaves me a voicemail, saying that she was calling me at the time we agreed on. - With modern technology, how stupid do you think I am?

So I call back specifically asking for her - that's what she instructed me to do in her voicemail. But then Christina refuses to answer my call. Instead she has some younger agent talk with me while she listens on the side and guides him. In the end, she refuses to help further even though I did her a favor to hang up so she could catch her carpool ride.

I hope this is an isolated incident, but I see so many others going through similar ordeals.