FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta Skymiles upgrade - Comfort vs First Class
Old Feb 13, 2018, 2:25 pm
gooselee
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by ncwillett
Not so fast. You also get a free checked bag, which can be quite a savings if you typically check a bag, and you to choose preferred seats, including exit rows. Those two benefits alone are nothing to sneeze at.
+1000

Mrs. Lee laments losing FO status for these exact reasons. Also during IRROPs you get treated like topsoil instead of actual dirt (in all seriousness, several friends are FO and report it can make a difference during IRROPS).

Originally Posted by MikeyZBT
Aren't you able to get moved back to coach if they upgrade you into a "middle" C+ seat if that's not what you wanted? I thought I read something about that...

And, if so, are we able to just reselect a coach seat? Do we HAVE to call or can we do it on our own?
Yes, you can move back via the seatmap, assuming your original seat is still available and the UG process didn't somehow result in all the seats outside your cabin being grayed out (still haven't figured out the rhyme/reason to that).

However, I've also noticed that I don't need to do the "request upgrade" checkbox anymore. If I'm in a seatmap and a desirable C+ seat is available, I can just click on it, then click save, and my itinerary will refresh that leg into SU - very similar to how things used to work in the EC days. This may be a different experience for an FO who cannot move up until T-24, though - I am PM so I can select anytime after booking.