FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Athenee Hotel (formerly Plaza Athenee), Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]
Old Feb 12, 2018, 8:58 pm
Central90210

Originally Posted by escape4
And by the way, I called at 11am that morning to inform them we were leaving the room and we would be back early so I asked housekeeping for the room to be done by the time we came back at 2pm. When we came back, the room was not done like I requested, probably because they knew we would have to move, but nobody told us.

Also, if they plan for maintenance on our last day, why did we not receive another room somewhere else in the hotel at check-in which would not require a move? Or inform me at check-in that we'll move on the last night for a better room, and then I will be happy to accommodate the hotel because I have always been treated well so I can reciprocate.

If I had to think of a hotel that was ever going to force us to move to a different room, no way I would have imagined it would be a hotel of the caliber of Athenee. Not the end of the world, but disappointing nonetheless.
I enjoy my occasional stays at The Athenee, but it is incidents like these which make me regard SGS as, in my books, superior to The Athenee. I can’t imagine this happening at the SGS.