FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Get ready for your trip emails
View Single Post
Old Feb 12, 2018, 4:44 pm
pdxasflyer

Programs: AS MVPG, AA, BA, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum, IHG, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by be_rettSEA
I got one from Alaska last week when making a bunch of changes to upcoming trips around the holidays. 3.5 hours after receiving a confirmation for a flight from PHX > SEA, I received an email with the subject "There's a ticket to Seattle with your name on it" with the body saying things like "We're holding your seat!" (obviously a bit misleading, but that's a different issue) and "Seats still available!" "Seattle on your mind? We still have seats waiting for you. There's no better time to start your journey. Book now!".

This isn't the first time it's happened (as I often use AS site to play with dates and various flights, so assume some end up showing "not booked' by them), but it always gives me a moment of panic that maybe I hadn't fully gone through with booking the flights I thought I had.
The easiest way to rid yourself of these emails is to not be signed into AS.com when doing flight searches. I used to get those, but have learned to do all of my research - including copying/pasting certificate codes - outside of my account. I no longer get those.