FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Grand Hyatt San Francisco REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Feb 11, 2018, 9:53 pm
JIMCHI

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by afa340
Just checked in at GH SFO. Was given a City View room, App showed still a King Bay View Room. I went again to the front desk and inquired about it. The associate checked with a manager, manager came back and told me no bay rooms available. They had one but a guest has demolished it. Within two minutes availability to book a Bay View room was gone in the app. I feel very tricked and considering checking out again and going to the Hyatt Regency instead.
We are also here today and had to wait until 4:15 to get our room which had been occupied by a Lifetime Globalist who needed a late checkout. There aren't that many bay view rooms here. Some are reserved by people reserving ahead of time for that category room. Actually, they have bay view rooms which simply face the east bay, and with recent development in the city, just pretty much have a view of tall buildings. We have that view tonight and have a slim view of the bay to the southeast. Direct north bay view rooms are limited to about 4 per floor and are only those above about floor 20.

We've always had terrific service at this hotel- cheerful and efficient doormen, great front desk staff, very updated rooms, and a Club (while way too small) has great offerings in the morning and evening- if you get there early and can get a seat. Tonight they offered both beef brisket and St. Louis style ribs, a soup, plus wonderful appetizers. More than enough for a meal.