FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New BA Club World catering concept [general discussion]
Old Feb 11, 2018, 9:23 pm
orbitmic
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Crampedin13A
OS has the Do&Co onboard chef on their YYZ services and their J catering on the route is easily a match for BA F so where there is a will.....nah
Exactly. OS and TK both have truly excellent food (and since we are at it, OS has a great coffee menu too and I wouldn't mind BA poaching that too! ) Whilst the new BA JFK J service is not quite as great as the OS and TK version, it is still vastly improved on other BA J meals and I had really hoped that BA would be true to their word and generalise it before long. That's why I'm so disappointed by what CIHY reported of the latest developments.

The whole hesitation and backtracking just gives an unpleasant impression that BA management thinks of quality improvement as something that they might only consider begrudgingly if they absolutely must. A bit as though in view of a lot of negative feedback someone had said that the airline must react, then when someone come up with a plan, someone else comes back and says "are you sure we reeeeeeeally need to do all that? Should we try to improve a little bit less and see if we can get away with it?" That's not too convincing...