FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Airline fee $250/$200/$100 reimbursement reports: AS only (2011-2019)
Old Feb 11, 2018, 5:36 pm
LIH Prem

Originally Posted by Edgerfly
It's not totally made clear why you have to wait 24 hours. Also I'm not sure if a lot of what other people say apply to my since I'm 75K and it doesn't matter since I never get charged a fee. That's why I was wondering,

In any case, I bought 3 tickets all for about $65 that came to $199.90, and had them go into "mywallet" so I'm assuming this is going to work.
It has nothing to do with your status. Airlines typically offer the ability to cancel tickets within 24 hours of issue, penalty free. ... you don't want to do that, right? You want the option to credit the value to your wallet, which is what you did.

Originally Posted by seacarl
Just make sure that it is more than 24 hours since you purchased the ticket - so that the credit can go to your wallet instead of being refunded to Amex. If the credit goes to your wallet, Amex won't see that transaction and you should get your credit in a few days. If Alaska refunds the ticket to Amex, you won't get the credit.
-David