FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cairns- 48 hours - one full day and 2 half-days - what to do?
Old Feb 11, 2018, 3:18 pm
FlyerGoldII

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Canarsie
Not far from where the Hilton Cairns hotel — at which I recommend staying — is located are boats which will take you out on a day trip to the Great Barrier Reef. I went scuba diving using one of these boats; but you can also snorkel as well. Lunch or snacks aboard the boat are usually included with the rate.

I had a rental car and was able to reach Kuranda within 40 minutes. I recommend the train ride; although I have been on better train rides.

Daintree Rainforest is five hours round trip by car from Cairns and thus is probably not a good idea due to your time constraints if you decide to go to the Great Barrier Reef instead.

I enjoyed driving around the Atherton Tablelands, which is three hours round trip by car from Cairns and certainly possible...

If we prefer not to rent a car - is there a 1/2 day guided Kurunda tour - maybe on the 1/2 day that we leave Cairns - 4 pm at the latest.