FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Speculation: Possible Routes (Flights) and Hubs, Discussion - (2017 on)
Old Feb 11, 2018, 10:30 am
Hollinger Clarke

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MOC991
Sorry. I think my posts came off as more adversarial than intended. I only meant to make a point that I think CLT could support more TATL, and then as I found more info I added that to the discussion. As I've said, either good PHL connections to more places in the Southeast timed correctly so you can do one-stop TATL like you can with Delta(ATL) and United(IAD and ORD) or more TATL flights from CLT. It would probably be some balance of the two, but I hope they can figure out a way to balance these hubs right so everybody in each region has a good experience. PHL and CLT could both afford some improvements physically and in service.

As this article says, Madrid is probably the only spot they're really looking at for Iberia. I suppose until OW gets a stronger position in France and further east with AB gone in Central Europe, MAD, DUB, or HEL are probably all they'll look at for year-round. AMS would be nice for the lower landing/takeoff taxes, decent business base, and good launching point for the rest of central Europe, but I'm not sure that would translate into a profitable year-round route. I suppose AA would know best when they look at their load factors on those seasonal CLT routes.

I posted the article before but I didn't post the quotes.
This quote from the article makes zero sense "Under the plan, the 767s would no longer serve Charlotte. Instead, Charlotte would have access to more Airbus A330s, displaced from Philadelphia where 767s would be grouped." - Does AA know that 767s are not operating from CLT, and ALL their European routes are on A330s !

Also the quote "As for Charlotte-Asia, Raja said the flight distance – it is about 6,875 miles between Charlotte and Tokyo – means a flight is operationally challenging because at times even an airplane such as the Boeing 787, a smaller long-range aircraft, would have to operate at less than full capacity to cover the distance." - all their US-China flts are longer than this except for LAX PEK marginally, and they are all operated by some variant of a 787?