FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - KLM Policy on Hidden City / Skip Lagging
View Single Post
Old Feb 10, 2018, 7:23 pm
Repooc17
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by MrBizFlyer
Not sure what legal standing they would have "bill me for the would be price" since this was already shot down in the U.S. as perfectly legal in United vs Skiplagged. As far as the frequent flier account goes, yeah it can be shutdown but not sure if this is a winning long term business strategy to punish your customers for using common sense when pricing itineraries. I would love to also tell my employer that an airline is blocking me from booking flights because I only used a portion of their product saving THEM a ton of money. How well do you think that will go for the airline?

The real problem is airlines and their crazy pricing strategies. I don't see how it is cheaper for KLM to have to fly me from U.S. to Brussels instead of just AMS. There is more fuel, labor, etc getting me from U.S. to Brussels than there is from U.S. to AMS. As I stated originally, it is the exact same plane flying from U.S. to AMS that then goes on to Brussels. I suspect that the AMS to Brussels flight are empty and KLM is trying to find ways to fill those spots, I don't blame them but it seems like cutting off your nose to spite your face.

I am actually fairly new to KLM, I have been through various colors on United from Silver to 1K (currently Gold) over the last 15 years and simply got burned out with them and their terrible service so I've committed this year to KLM. I already have 3 international flights booked with KLM and partner Air France and am planning more but if I suffer the same way I did with United then I'll move on to the next carrier(s) which will likely be ME3 permanently.

Source: https://www.usatoday.com/story/today...eral/26864961/
Check FT threads here. Airlines sending invoices to repeat offenders are nothing new. Skippedlagged is a website; the validity of the site has nothing to do with airlines taking actions against pax.

Ticket pricing is NOT based on flying distance and operation costs.