FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - HELP DESK & FAQ: Gold and Platinum Status Challenge
Old Feb 10, 2018, 1:51 pm
jungly

Originally Posted by Antarius
With regards to the Barclaycard, what are your estimated travel patterns? If you fly a lot of discounted Y international, then you easily make the EQM, therefore the EQD is useful.

if you fly last minute domestic shorthaul, you'll easily make EQD but be short on EQM, so less useful.
​​​​​​​
Originally Posted by Antarius
With regards to the Barclaycard, what are your estimated travel patterns? If you fly a lot of discounted Y international, then you easily make the EQM, therefore the EQD is useful.

if you fly last minute domestic shorthaul, you'll easily make EQD but be short on EQM, so less useful.
i fly same route from YVR Vancouver to DFW Dallas to Shreveport Louisiana.

I fly Two times a month round trip.
450-650 eqd per trip. On average I'd say 520 eqd~.

In three flights this year I'm at 1770 eqd, 13350 eqm, 12 eqs. With another one pending end of month.

Flights are pricy from my origins, so eqd seems to be on track, eqm is behind slightly. My fear is I can make platinum pro but hitting exec will be right on the dot (I can hit $12k but i may be 10k short of 100k miles).

So my curiosity is, if I hit platinum pro can I call AA and outright buy my way to exec? Wonder what it costs for plat pro people to upgrade.

The points guy did an article where he got an invitation to do a 90 day challenge for plat pro and exec. I'm guessing this is sent out to those who are at platinum pro and just missed the exec status the year prior?

As for credit cards, I was willing to put 25k flight expenses on my aviator red to get the 3k eqd, but then realized I'd be short on the eqm. Plus I rather put those expenses on my Amex or chAse reserve card for the points and just outright buy the status of its only a couple of $thousand bucks max.

​​​​​​​