View Single Post
Old Feb 10, 18, 2:14 am
Mict

Programs: UA Gold, TK Elite, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by flyalways View Post
Hi there,
I am very confused about the status renewal and I hope someone can confirm if my understanding
is correct.
Status matched in 2016. (US based) Did 25K miles in 2016 so got Elite Status until end of 2018.
Did 25K again in 2017, does that mean the status will now be until end of 2019 ? or is it 2020 ?

Thanks in advance...F.A.
That's the grey area. They have been saying that you need 37.5k miles in your second year only to renew for 2 more years for awhile.

But having done 26k miles first year + 31.5k miles in second year, I pressed very hard on their support to know if my status will be renewed.
At first, I got the generic answer saying no, that I need 37.5k miles in the second year (and second year only).

But after pressing hard and explaining clearly that I met both the conditions (25k in year 1 or 37.5k in BOTH years), they finally said that yes my status will be renewed. (Although the site says I am still missing 6k miles).
But I guess we will find out very soon as my expiry date is at the end of the month and I will post an update here on what happens.

Also I think the fact that I speak Turkish really helped because I think their English is terrible and they just copy paste generic answers meanwhile if you contact them in Turkish, they will answer with a personalized answer about your account and next steps.