FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Waitlist for Award Seats Questions/Issues [ARCHIVE]
Old Feb 9, 2018, 3:45 pm
hughw

Programs: UA Gold, CO Plat, CO Million Miler
Originally Posted by jsloan
Unfortunately, quite a few agents don't know the rules. I promise that your request is possible, as I've done it before. The rules are on this page: https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly...vel/types.html

Sorry you're having a difficult time.
Here's the text of UA's pertinent rule, and contrary to what the agent said, you must be in saver.
  • You may use miles for travel in United PolarisŪ first class, United FirstŪ, United BusinessŪ or United Polaris business class, even if the space is not available. In these cases, United Economy in the same award type (i.e Saver) must be confirmed, and the front cabin will be waitlisted. If the courtesy waitlist does not clear, it will expire 24 hours before itinerary departure, and you will automatically be added to the airport upgrade standby list upon check-in. In these cases, you will be confirmed on a space-available basis by a United airport representative at the gate once the flight has closed for check-in. For United Polaris business class and United Business travel awards, the difference in miles will be refunded when the United Polaris business class or United Business class segment of the trip could not be confirmed. Waitlist requests may only be made over the phone with your local United Customer Contact Center.