FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Waitlist for Award Seats Questions/Issues [ARCHIVE]
Old Feb 9, 2018, 8:54 am
jsloan
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JudyJFLA
I gave them a call, and the rather terse lady on the other end, said "No Way"! The award seat quota for the RSW-EWR leg in First is filled, so even if there are empty seats, and even though we are in Polaris for the rest of the trip, they will sell them rather than give them to me for "Free".... Only if another award person cancels their ticket will we get up front. Ahhh they certainly were not "Free" as those miles have value.... This is making Ultimate Reward points seem a much better option in the future over my United miles that I used for this trip..

JudyJFLA
None of this is accurate. You got a Mistaken or Lying Agent. Hang up and try again.

Edit: On second thought, it may depend upon what you asked. If you asked "can you please put me into first class," then the agent is sort of correct -- there's not currently any award space available on RSW-EWR, and they will try to sell the seats for cash. However, the part about requiring another person to cancel is just made-up garbage.

What you want to say, specifically, is "We have a business class award from RSW-NRT, but we're in economy from RSW to EWR. Can you please waitlist us for first class on RSW-EWR?

Last edited by jsloan; Feb 9, 2018 at 10:43 am