FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Finnair A350 business class foot space differences
Old Feb 8, 2018, 11:41 pm
ChristianPNG

Programs: OW
Thanks. I will check it out. Could not find it when searching.I am also tall with 2 m and wondering if it worth to pay so much extra. Or just suffer in economy with extra legroom but saving 1900 USD.

Interesting that I am not alone. One member wrote exactly what i was feeling while sitting in this seat. Also same thinking that most probably economy plus will be better at the end.

Copied from another thread:

There's a lot of hyperbole and wishful thinking on this forum, but after flying HEL-PVG in 8L today I am quite seriously of the opinion that the A350 business class seat is unacceptable.

Sleeping is not even the main problem. It was completely impossible to find a comfortable way to *sit*.
  • The floor has a step exactly where you'd want to place your feet when sitting up. Place them in front of it and they're uncomfortably close. Behind it and they're too far.
  • If you decide to raise your legs instead, the stationary shelf is no replacement for the A330's proper calf support. It has multiple problems:
    • A simple shelf like this will place excess pressure on the heels. My ankles actually became sore during the flight. The A330's calf support ends before the heel.
    • Since the shelf doesn't angle itself with the seat, your legs are always pointing straight ahead. For most seat positions, this does not result in a natural angle for your hips and lower back.
    • It offers so little help with horizontal forces that you will actually slide forward in the seat, making your back's position even more awkward.
    • If you move the seat forward to make the gap smaller, you will very quickly end up with your outer foot pressing against the wall.
  • The armrest is so short that your arm won't fit on it, yet it's constantly pushing into you. Why is this part even installed?

Without sarcasm, I may end up feeling better flying economy comfort on the way back, because at least I'll be able to simply place my legs on the floor in a natural position without obstructions.

Just last month I flew SGN-HEL, one of Finnair's longest A330 flights, and felt supremely comfortable for 12 hours. After this 8 hour A350 flight, I was repositioning myself constantly and couldn't wait to get up.

That's right, I was sitting in a business class seat and couldn't wait to get up. This is not good.

Last edited by l etoile; Feb 11, 2018 at 4:28 am