FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Rumor] More Polaris "Enhancements" coming May 1, 2018? ...
Old Feb 8, 2018, 8:49 am
fumje
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by goodeats21
Thanks.

Do recall if it was Jan or Feb? There was some reporting in the "Let's Eat" thread that as of Feb. 1, it was off the menu.
Originally Posted by bocastephen
Seriously? The entire hot bites concept is gone? So we're back to cold snacks in a basket dumped in the galley for everyone to pick over?

Great, another couple cuts and I will take my paid business tickets back to ANA, or even Air Canada which has a Polaris-like seat in their 787s because it seems Polaris is going the way of domestic first.

So with the value proposition of domestic first now based off the "big seat and snack" concept of Spirit Airlines, what exactly is the current value proposition of Polaris when the seat is certainly not unique, and the rest of the amenities are either gone or going, and parts of the hard product (mattress, pajamas, gel pillow, etc) are either not boarded, or need to be fought over by multiple customers?

Absolutely ridiculous.
The menu has replaced the 'hot bites' with a more vague offering of 'comfort food'. I would think most comfort food is hot, but you never know, could turn into oreos. No confirmed reports I believe that there is actually no hot snack available.