FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2018 SPG Category Changes (eff 6 Mar) & Booking Window Changes
Old Feb 8, 2018, 6:58 am
EuropeanPete

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
These all sound pretty fair. I was a bit nervous with the Marriott integration about to happen, but we've got at least one more year. I'm going to play the game of trying to spot interesting things:
What on earth happened to the Four Points Kolasin - from a 4 to a 1. Is it the only 1 in Europe?
The House Hotel Cappadoccia is now also a cat 1 - might be a nice place to hang for a while sometime
I'm sad to see the Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit and King George go up to Cat 5, but do understand the logic. I'll need to find new places when I'm just burning points to relax somewhere pleasant
Low Istanbul hotel prices have pushed the W down to a Cat 3 which makes it one of the cheapest W's out there. The W Los Vegas a Cat 4 also becomes more attractive - I personally think it's under-rated
Surprised to see Grosvenor House in Dubai go down a category. I've never liked the property, but it's always positioned itself at the top end of the SPG portfolio (more difficult now with the St Regis arrivals)
A bit disappointed to see those Great Northern Hotel in London go up to a Cat 6. It usually doesn't command Cat 6 rates, but I wonder if too many people realized that it was a great value place to stay in London