FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tripsta Scam on Emirates Airline and Consumer
Old Feb 7, 2018, 5:55 am
ioto1902

Programs: EK plat, ex-FB gold, Accor plat
Originally Posted by Conor123
Hi, Thanks for your interest.

I booked the flight using Tripsta and after they issued my e-ticket a few days later they informed me that there was a duplicate name and hence would cancel the eticket they issued me and to seek clarification from Emirates airline about the duplicate name.

It turn out that another travel agency company completely separate to Tripsta had pre-reserved the name for the flight but the seat wasn't purchased yet. After Tripsta cancelled my ticket, and Emirates explained the situation I had to inform the other travel agency company to ensure they kept that seat and I bought the ticket. This was a completely separate transaction.

The flight for the ticket purchased from Tripsta cost 550 EUR.
I'm a little bit lost here. You talk as if the second booking appeared out of nowhere.
But you ordered this second booking. Right ? Moreover, after booking at Tripsta. Right ? Otherwise you would have kept the Tripsta booking and cancelled the second mysterious one.
Anyway, this doesn't change the fact that Trispta should refund you the cancelled booking, but, you need to read the conditions again. You bought your ticket from Tripsta with the conditions of Tripsta. It's not because EK refunded 100% to Tripsta that Tripsta must refund you the same, how unpleasant it may seem.