Old Feb 7, 18, 12:51 am
Conor123

Angry Tripsta Scam on Emirates Airline and Consumer

I booked an Emirates Airline ticket on 22nd December to fly from Dublin to Dubai through Tripsta Travel Agency using Sky scanner.

However, I was notified on 28th December from Tripsta subject "Booking: F92901242 - Urgent Information [ID#b64-5626781]" that the ticket purchased was cancelled. Details below from email received.

"Please be advised that your booking F92901242 has been canceled by Emirates Airlines directly, as it seems there is another duplicate booking in their system for the same passenger with identical flight itinerary details. You are kindly requested to confirm the validity of the second reservation with Emirates Airlines directly.
As soon as you verify that the second reservation is valid and confirmed, kindly reply to this e-mail in order for our agency to contact the airline company again and provide you with the relevant information for cancellation and refund of ticket number 1769666099804."

I contacted Emirates and they said it was a duplicate name issue as another travel agency group had in fact pre-reserved a seat under the same name. After confirming the validation of the second reservation I immediately followed up with Tripsta to look for refund of ticket.

It is now the 7th February and despite emailing every week for updates Tripsta have informed me that Emirates have to refund for the ticket purchased before they can process reimbursement. However, after speaking to Emirates several times they told me no fee was charged for that ticket and that Tripsta charged my credit card of 550euro and should reimburse for the cancellation of ticket. Emirates stated the have no objection for Tripsta to make reimbursement.

Tripsta, continue to ignore my requests, send generic email responses from different agents and refuse to reimburse the amount owed.

It has been a terrible customer experience and its totally unacceptable to have travel operators like Tripsta walk away and scam consumers and tarnish the brand of Emirates airlines

How can this be resolved and where are my customer rights?

Thanks,

Conor