FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Tier Point Runs | 2018 master thread
View Single Post
Old Feb 6, 2018, 2:21 pm
Jimmy C

Programs: BA Bronze
Originally Posted by madfish
Welcome to FT. Perfectly suitable place to ask your question.

If heading to Florida area and staying around there you may want to look at something from the main ex-EU cities, e.g. Dublin, Copenhagen etc. YOu would then route via LHR and perhaps JFK and then down to MCO or perhaps one of the smaller FL airports via PHL or CLT or even MIA. The following would earn you 520TPs return in J. DUB/LHR/JFK/CLT/MCO. A lot of the fares allow 2 connections in US of less than 24 hours. You can play around with dates but likely to get best prices over the Easter and Summer holidays.

Alternative you could look to do something like: DUB/:HR/JFK/MCO/LAX (depending on routes being available). This would earn you 720TPs return in J as long as one of the US flights was over 2000 miles. 40+140+40+140+140+40+140+40

The pitfall with AA flights is if you have a connecting flight that book onto the same AA code. Even if you physically change aircraft this only counts at 1 flight for TPs.

There's lots of really useful information in the posts at the start of this thread.

If you have any specific questions, just ask.
Hey Madfish,

I'm struggling to add in the LAX element as Miss Jimmy has agreed that a random few days flying around the USA would be fun! So far I have been using the round trip function with routing codes to get the DUB to MCO element but can't get LAX to fall in. Do I need to use the multi-city tool?