FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Constitution-Free Zone Alive & Well!
View Single Post
Old Feb 6, 2018, 1:29 pm
Boggie Dog
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PTravel
No. And it doesn't matter. My professional opinion is that what happened was a violation of this person's 4th and 5th Amendment rights. You don't have to believe me, but I'm also not alone in thinking this.

All the "evidence" is right there. When someone is on a bus and can't readily get off because ICE is blocking the way, that is detainment and also coercive. Interrogation while detained in a coercive context is a violation of 4th and 5th Amendment rights -- what counts is the person's perception. And, again, the idea that someone must prove to LEOs that they haven't done something wrong when there was no reason for the LEOs to be there in the first place is completely offensive to the fundamental principles of American justice (and the Constitution).

If you don't believe me, ask the ACLU. <Deleted>.
<deleted>. As far as I know no one here has any first hand evidence of exactly what occurred on that bus. What words were spoken, what physical actions were taken. I know I don't, do you? I have no problem with the ACLU but I think you have to agree they often take the side of the most liberal reading of the Constitution. I would think that if any violations were made by CBP then someone would have initiated some sort of action by now. <deleted>

Last edited by TWA884; Feb 6, 2018 at 1:39 pm Reason: Response to deleted content