FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lap Infant/Child attached to AA award tickets booked in another airline
Old Feb 6, 2018, 12:22 pm
Dave Noble
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by kenshinluo
1. Does AA issue lap infant tickets if I use AA miles to book into CX/JL? What is the process? I have booked AA awards online before but I don't believe I've noticed an option to add lap infant.
You will have to make a telephone call and purchase it

2. If yes does it follow AA's pricing or the partner airlines (AA charges 10% of adult fare while CX charges 25%)? If no, what's the process of ticketing the lap infant flight (and in this case I assume pricing will follow the issuing airline so it'll be CX/JL)?
Depends
If CX has fares that do not have a ticketing restriction and so AA can issue then, then it will be able to issue a CX fare and then it will be 25% of the adult fare ( plus taxes and charges)
If AA cannot issue a CX fare, then it will have to charge based on a YY fare and so will be 10% of that fare

3. Can I attach the lap infant to the Coach seat during booking but after boarding leave her in the business seats?
The infant ticket has to be for the same cabin that the adult is in. If the adult is in business class, then the infant requires a business class ticket. If the adult is in economy class , then the infant requires an economy class ticket

You cannot purchase an economy class ticket for an infant and have the infant sit in business class any more than you could do the same for an adult