FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - HELP DESK & FAQ: Gold and Platinum Status Challenge
Old Feb 5, 2018, 4:33 pm
thunderlounge

Originally Posted by andrewp
I asked the agent I spoke to about the availability of a Plat Pro challenge and she said, "well there's an option in the system for it, but it doesn't do anything. I'm not sure if/when this will be offered. Might be a few months out."

Wondering about this myself. Hope it comes to fruition. IF so, I hope it would be similar to the other challenges which give you 90 days to get 1/4 EQM and 1/3 EQD of the full year requirements.

If that were to be the case, as I find myself hitting AA much more this year and significantly next year and beyond, it would be worth it to me for the small challenge fee to hit the level I should easily hit next year. I have a block in Aug/Sept that will hit 25k EQM and $4k EQD, which would be more than enough for a plat/plat pro challenge in 90 days. A couple more flights after that, but not in the 90-day period. End of the year without a challenge would possibly make plat, but barely.

It wouldn't be worth it to me to chase it, but if I'm going to do the miles/time anyway then might as well let them keep tracking it and accept their benefits.