FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Booking BA WT+ (paid) with partner on same booking
Old Feb 5, 2018, 3:17 pm
aztimm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Booking BA WT+ (paid) with partner on same booking

I skimmed the forum, did a few searches, as I'm sure this must have come up before. Apologies if I've missed something.

I'm looking at booking AUS-LHR-ICN round-trip in PE. For the return portion, the ICN-LHR-AUS flights don't match without an overnight at LHR and the BA website gives me options including a partner, such as ICN-HKG-LHR-AUS. But even when I select WT+/PE, the ICN-HKG (on CX) leg is saying economy (for all CX flights on several days). I've looked elsewhere, and CX has PE on at least some of the flights. The BA award booking tool shows seats available in coach, PE, or biz for the flight, if I wanted to use Avios. ICN-HKG is about 3-1/2 to 4 hours, and I'd rather not sit in regular coach, especially if I'm paying for WT+.

Is this just a glitch with the BA website, or am I doing something wrong?

Alternatively, if no other solution, as I have tons of AA miles, I could just book a one way AA award ICN-HKG, and separately a paid BA multi-city AUS-LHR-ICN, HKG-LHR-AUS for about the same price as an AUS-ICN roundrip. AA doesn't (yet) do award bookings in PE, so I guess it would be forced luxury riding in CX biz (actually not a bad way to go I guess). I'd have carry-on only, so wouldn't have to worry about baggage, just getting a boarding pass at HKG for the BA flights.

Thoughts?