Old Feb 5, 18, 7:59 am
Jambon87

Programs: BAEC - Bronze
First time poster....very long time lurker of this forum. Though I thought I would share my experience of group boarding

BA1488 LHR - GLA 26JAN18 - Gate was rammed full. Boarding had yet to be called and the gate agent began to shout at the man standing in boarding Group 4 lane, that "Boarding wouldn't begin until he stood out back from the barrier" Boarding began as usual with 1-3 and when 4-5 were called, a mad rush ensued whereby people filled the priority queues from group 4-5 and then boarding was halted as the gate agent had noticed this had happened. It was completely disorganized and a few people were becoming heated towards the gate agent because of this.

BA1488 LHR - GLA 04FEB18 - Again another full flight, announcements had been made offering pre boarding for passengers who wished to check their luggage. I was flying Club Europe and there were some disgruntled noises being made about not being able to board first from other Group 1 passengers. Group 1 were called and the automatic boarding gates decided to break, so had to manually board, but the gate agent then announced group 2&3 boarding, which caused a mess with three groups boarding at the same time.

Overall my experiences (there are many more) haven't been positive as its mainly been a chaotic experience. Having experienced group boarding on AA at both LHR and DFW, they seem to have a good handle on this. But with space limitations at T5, it will always be a persistent, slight chaotic experience.