Thread: Norwegian - JFK
View Single Post
Old Feb 5, 18, 3:39 am
prgboy

Programs: Delta Skymiles (silver), Norwegian, SAS, ČSA OK Plus, Priority Pass
My friend and I flew with Norwegian yesterday FLL-CPH. The strictness at check-in is completely arbitrary, even if you fly Premium. At one check-in lady, the bags were 1 and 7 kg over, she was thinking a bit then let me take a few light items away and let it go. She did weight my carry-on and seemed to be very happy to see it was only 9 kg. I've got a feeling that they count the total weight you are bringing and consider it OK if something is less and something over.
My friend checking at Premium counter (which was closed when I was checking-in) was 4 kg over on eitther bag, they did not make him shuffle the content and instead charged him 15 USD per kilo. They only wanted to see his carry-on, they even said to him: "I did not need you to put it on the scale, I just wanted to see it". Other times I flew beteen Europe and US, they always weighted the carry-ons. And many times they did not care what the weight of checked bags was, despite the scale was blinking with "over". So, you never know how it turns out with Norwegian. It depends on the HUMAN FACTOR.