FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sanity check of my planned activities in Palestine/Israel
Old Feb 4, 2018, 6:41 am
YuropFlyer

Sanity check of my planned activities in Palestine/Israel

I'll be in the "Holy Land" in less than two weeks. Weather forecast looks awesome, about the same as Southern Spain (20C+ during day, 10C+ during night) so I'll probably be able to leave the thick coats home.

But.. and here is a big but. While I've been in the Near East many times (Turkey 10+, Egypt Twice, Lebanon, countless times in UAE) I've never been to Palestine/Israel.

I'll be travelling light, for just a long late weekend. Arriving Sunday morning, departing Tuesday 4pm.

Hotel is booked in Bethlehem.

I'll be landing in TLV at 3.30am, which probably means landside approx 4.30am? I've heard that arrival security/immigration isn't that extreme, but departure is?

So my idea would be to take a bus (?) to the waterfront area (Tel Aviv/Yafo), and walk along the seaside a bit, having some breakfast, and eventually around 10am or so taking a bus to Jerusalem - then getting over to Bethlehem (by foot? seems all so nearby..)

Then visiting some historical areas there, dinner in Bethlehem too.

Monday, day-trip to Jerusalem (or should I avoid crossing the Israel-Palestine border twice?) to visit the historical sights there, then going to the Dead Sea, and later in the day back to Bethlehem. Is that all reasonable possible within a full day? I'm a good walker, and I don't mind taking local buses (I heard cabs are fairly expensive and some can't drive into some areas)

Happy for some feedback about what's reasonable to do/see, and if my program maybe is too much or too dangerous? Seems right now the whole situation is fairly peaceful, so crossing the boarders should be relatively painless, even twice?