FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Travel Packages
View Single Post
Old Feb 3, 2018, 9:40 pm
Enigma368

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
Originally Posted by lexdevil
Upgrades to 2-bedroom suites are common on weekends, but tougher to come by mid-week. It's the 7-night length of the cert that makes the upgrade difficult. You could ask if they would upgrade to a 2-bedroom for additional points, but if they do not have availability, that is unlikely to help.
I stayed in the Residence Inn Arcadia in December using a 7 night Marriott cert. I actually booked it last minute and called up the hotel prior to booking asking if I booked the hotel for 7 nights with the certificate, would I get an upgrade to a 2 bedroom suite(as a Gold). The guy working there was very nice and said that normally they only give upgrades for 2-3 nights but he checked availability and they were quiet that week so he said if I booked it and arrived before he went off shift, he would upgrade me for the week. I called Marriott and booked it and checked into the property 2 hours later and got the upgrade. Am pretty sure I wouldn't have gotten it if I not asked in advance(maybe if I had asked nicely at checkin). Def helped me decide which LA property to book