FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Where to watch Super Bowl at HKG without lounge access.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 6:53 pm
QRC3288

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
It won't be on in the airport. I'm American but....nobody else really cares.

What I recommend doing is buying NFL League Pass, I think it's only about 10-20 bucks for this time (extremely late) in the season. None of the Byzantine US licensing agreements apply in HK. So it will stream live. However, you need to wait until you're in HK to buy (or, use a VPN in the US and connect to HK before buying. My point is, do not buy the US version which doesn't permit live streaming). I believe they're technically separate products even though they both are redirected from the same webpage which makes things confusing. The redirect is different if you're in the US (which sucks because no live), or somewhere like HK where the NFL doesn't have live broadcast agreements (hence it's great....as long as you're a subscriber, you can watch any game live without having to be a damn DirecTV subscriber).

The next problem you'll face is streaming: HK has free WiFi, and I can get decent but not great streaming coverage on the airport system (however, fear not: the HK Airport Free WiFi is still faster in most cases than the CX lounges). When I want to watch a game I usually suck it up and setup a WiFi hotspot from my phone via 4G. That gets me a solid HD image on my laptop. Good luck.