FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated FRA connection time/logistics-Domestic & International
Old Feb 3, 2018, 12:10 pm
NewbieRunner
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by cricketer
Took me 45 minutes from arrival at A20 to getting to B56 today, and I managed to be the last person to board the bus to my flight (though as it turned out there were 4 stragglers who had to be brought on a later bus). My plan was to go from Z to A, and then use the tunnel across to B, but I was spaced out and ended up on the train to B. That wasn't bad - the delay was at security in B. I was sixth in line, and it took 19 minutes to get through.

That's actually the closest I've come to having a connection problem at FRA (that I can recall). Usually a breeze.
If you arrived at A20 (a Schengen gate) rather than what United calls A20 which is actually Z20 (a non-Schengen gate upstairs), the obvious and quickest route would have been the tunnel and passport control into B. If you arrived at Z20 it’s either Skyline train to B and transfer security or passport control twice and the tunnel. There is no straightforward route.